Updated
Updated · ANI News · Aug 5
IRGC Chief Says Iran Will Keep Pursuing Nuclear Weapons as Trump Gives 48-Hour Talks Window
Updated
Updated · ANI News · Aug 5

IRGC Chief Says Iran Will Keep Pursuing Nuclear Weapons as Trump Gives 48-Hour Talks Window

1 articles · Updated · ANI News · Aug 5

Summary

  • Ahmad Vahidi, the IRGC commander-in-chief, said Iran will keep working on nuclear weapons as long as the US and Israel possess them, in what Israeli media called a direct admission of a bomb pursuit.
  • Vahidi framed the policy as national security and said Iran would disarm only if Washington and Israel also gave up their arsenals.
  • Trump said Wednesday that "a lot of progress" had been made, claimed Iranian officials had reached out for talks, and said the picture would become clearer within 48 hours.
  • The comments land as the US, Iran and Oman are reportedly close to an interim deal to reopen the Strait of Hormuz after last month's collapse of a 14-point US-Iran memorandum.

Insights

Can a short-term Hormuz deal really reopen global oil traffic if Iran, the U.S., and Oman still disagree on control, fees, and security rules?
What would happen to oil markets and regional security if the near-final Hormuz deal collapses within days?