Counter-Terror Police Reopen Farage 2025 Home Attack Probe as Watchdog Investigates Link to Widdecombe Murder
Updated
Updated · bbc.co.uk · Aug 10
Counter-Terror Police Reopen Farage 2025 Home Attack Probe as Watchdog Investigates Link to Widdecombe Murder
3 articles · Updated · bbc.co.uk · Aug 10
Summary
CTP London reopened its inquiry last week into an April 2025 incident at Nigel Farage's London home, where he said a lit incendiary device was pushed through his letterbox.
Farage said the case is "directly linked" to the murder of Ann Widdecombe, though police have not explained the connection publicly.
The IOPC has begun an independent investigation after CTP London referred itself over an allegation that a staff member failed to identify and pursue a line of inquiry in the original case.
Police had closed the 2025 investigation with no arrests after reporting door damage and no theft, but said Friday that a new line of inquiry had since been identified.
Widdecombe, 78, was found dead in Devon last month with serious injuries; Joshua Kerry was later charged with murder and separately arrested on terrorism-related suspicion.