ICE Seeks Deportation of Rolando Cenobio Vasquez on 10 Sex-Trafficking Charges
Updated
Updated · Fox News · Aug 12
ICE Seeks Deportation of Rolando Cenobio Vasquez on 10 Sex-Trafficking Charges
1 articles · Updated · Fox News · Aug 12
Summary
Louisville jail officials were asked by ICE to hold Rolando Cenobio Vasquez after his July 29 arrest so federal agents can take him into custody for deportation proceedings.
Vasquez, a Mexican citizen, is charged with three counts each of rape and sodomy, plus human trafficking, promoting trafficking of a victim under 18 and sexual abuse tied to a 15-year-old tenant.
Authorities said the alleged abuse began in December 2025 after Vasquez rented a room to the girl and her mother, and that he threatened them while sometimes offering the teenager money to stay quiet.
DHS said Vasquez first entered the U.S. illegally through Texas in August 2013, was arrested by Border Patrol and deported, though it is unclear when he re-entered.
Louisville is not a sanctuary jurisdiction, and its corrections department agreed in July 2025 to honor ICE detainers by holding inmates for up to 48 hours.
How did a previously deported man slip through the cracks to allegedly exploit a vulnerable teenager in a Louisville housing arrangement?
Will severe local felony charges delay federal deportation proceedings, or can authorities swiftly navigate the 48-hour detainer window to secure custody?