David Foster Denies Meghan Markle Snub at Aug. 7 Charity Event
Updated
Updated · Fox News · Aug 13
David Foster Denies Meghan Markle Snub at Aug. 7 Charity Event
3 articles · Updated · Fox News · Aug 13
Summary
David Foster said a viral red-carpet clip from his Aug. 7 foundation event did not show him snubbing Meghan Markle, calling the moment simple photo positioning.
In a statement to People, Foster said he had already greeted Meghan and Prince Harry 10 minutes earlier at the entrance before walking past them on the carpet.
Foster said he later returned with wife Katharine McPhee to pose with the couple and accused some media outlets of turning the encounter into clickbait.
The denial underscores a long friendship: Foster and McPhee are close to Harry and Meghan, and Foster helped arrange a Vancouver Island home for the couple in late 2019.