Activists Deliver Aid to 2 Besieged Qusra Families as Settlers Return to Set Up Tent
Updated
Updated · bbc.co.uk · Aug 14
Activists Deliver Aid to 2 Besieged Qusra Families as Settlers Return to Set Up Tent
3 articles · Updated · bbc.co.uk · Aug 14
Summary
Food and water were left outside one Qusra home after activists said Israeli forces blocked direct delivery to two Palestinian families trapped since Sunday; the IDF denied preventing the transfer.
The families say settlers blocked access to their homes and cut power and water supplies, while the military says the area is a closed military zone and soldiers were acting to protect residents.
A day after forces dispersed settlers, some returned Friday to erect a tent near the site before Israeli troops removed it; about a dozen Palestinian households had been told to leave during Thursday's operation.
Qusra's mayor said Israeli forces were using some vacated Palestinian homes as barracks, underscoring wider scrutiny of settler violence that the UN says has displaced 3,800 Palestinians in 2026.