Iran Unleashes Violent Anti-US Billboards After Khamenei Killing, With 17 U.S. Troops Dead
Updated
Updated · NBC News · Aug 15
Iran Unleashes Violent Anti-US Billboards After Khamenei Killing, With 17 U.S. Troops Dead
2 articles · Updated · NBC News · Aug 15
Summary
State-sponsored billboards across Tehran have turned sharply more violent during the nearly six-month war, showing Donald Trump in a casket, the White House in flames and threats of revenge.
Khamenei’s killing in a U.S.-Israeli airstrike on the war’s first day triggered the escalation, replacing softer imagery with explicit death threats and anti-American visuals in prominent public spaces.
Less than two weeks after one casket image appeared near Enghelab Square, it was swapped for a poster of Trump being strangled, carrying the English warning: “Revenge is inevitable.”
The propaganda push tracks a costly conflict: U.S. Central Command said 17 American service members had died by July 18, while Iran’s forensic chief said on April 20 that 3,375 people had been killed.
Iran’s anti-U.S. messaging long predates the war, but newer images appear AI-generated and mirror a broader digital propaganda campaign that has also produced dozens of mockery videos targeting Trump.