Din Thomas Quits Cornering After UFC 330 Loss, Saying 31-Year-Old Robertson Reached Her Limit
Updated
Updated · Yahoo Sports · Aug 18
Din Thomas Quits Cornering After UFC 330 Loss, Saying 31-Year-Old Robertson Reached Her Limit
3 articles · Updated · Yahoo Sports · Aug 18
Summary
Thomas said on the UFC 330 post-show that he was “officially retiring” from cornering after Gillian Robertson lost her first UFC title shot to Mackenzie Dern, adding that “this might be as far as she can go.”
That declaration came minutes after Thomas had urged Robertson to “wake the f--- up” between rounds, turning a private coach-fighter moment into a public judgment on her ceiling.
Robertson, 31, told Ariel Helwani she saw no sign beforehand that Thomas would say it, and said he did not contact her until Monday after the Sunday loss.
Thomas had already apologized on his “Deep Waters” podcast, calling the announcement irresponsible, but Robertson said later comments to her team made the apology carry “not much weight.”