Wilbon Picks 59-Year-Old Frank Isola as PTI Co-Host if 78-Year-Old Kornheiser Retires
Updated
Updated · Fox News · Aug 20
Wilbon Picks 59-Year-Old Frank Isola as PTI Co-Host if 78-Year-Old Kornheiser Retires
1 articles · Updated · Fox News · Aug 20
Summary
Michael Wilbon said he could see himself doing "Pardon the Interruption" with Frank Isola if Tony Kornheiser retires, calling Isola "the last of the Mohicans" among fill-in hosts.
The succession question remains hypothetical: sources told OutKick Wilbon and Kornheiser signed new three-year deals earlier this year and are expected to complete them.
Frank Isola, 59, downplayed the idea in a text to OutKick, saying Wilbon and Kornheiser "aren’t going anywhere" and joking he may retire before they do.
ESPN has eased the workload with home studios and long summer breaks, helping sustain a duo that has anchored the top-rated sports TV show for nearly 25 years.
If one or both hosts eventually leave, ESPN faces a broader choice between recasting PTI or ending it, since the show’s appeal is closely tied to Wilbon and Kornheiser’s partnership.