Joe Cordina Denies 2 Assault Charges, Granted Bail Until October 13 Trial
Updated
Updated · bbc.co.uk · Jul 28
Joe Cordina Denies 2 Assault Charges, Granted Bail Until October 13 Trial
3 articles · Updated · bbc.co.uk · Jul 28
Summary
Cardiff Magistrates' Court heard Joe Cordina, 34, plead not guilty to two charges of assault by beating over a February incident outside a petrol station in Pentwyn.
Nadeem Majid, representing the two-time IBF super-featherweight champion, said the second charge arose from one continuous incident, while the court had previously heard the alleged offences were against each other.
District Judge Charlotte Murphy granted Cordina unconditional bail and set trial for October 13; co-defendant Jamie O'Brien, 32, did not enter a plea and his case was adjourned to August 26.
Cordina, a former world champion, had been due to fight for the WBO lightweight title in the United States on July 4, but said earlier that his US visa application was refused.