Updated
Updated · Fox News · Aug 14
Michigan Police Identify 6 Dead in Missaukee County Shooting, 13-Year-Old Girl Stable
Updated
Updated · Fox News · Aug 14

Michigan Police Identify 6 Dead in Missaukee County Shooting, 13-Year-Old Girl Stable

3 articles · Updated · Fox News · Aug 14

Summary

  • Six people were confirmed dead after Friday’s multi-scene shooting in rural Missaukee County, including suspected gunman Chad Hickman, 39, Michigan State Police said Saturday.
  • At a Lake Township home, troopers found a 45-year-old man, 40-year-old woman and 16-year-old boy dead, while a 13-year-old girl was hospitalized after being shot and was listed stable by Saturday afternoon.
  • A 53-year-old man was later found dead at a second home, and police then located Hickman’s body alongside a 29-year-old woman near a wooded area where his car had been seen.
  • Michigan State Police said there is no ongoing danger to the public, but the investigation is continuing and the victims’ names have not yet been released.

Insights

What triggered a man with a dark history to go on a deadly, multi-scene rampage through rural Michigan?
Did missed warning signs in the gunman's abusive history pave the way for this devastating rural massacre?