Updated
Updated · Fox News · Aug 20
Collins Accuses Ossoff of Sexism Over Remark About 35-Year-Old Trump Aide
Updated
Updated · Fox News · Aug 20

Collins Accuses Ossoff of Sexism Over Remark About 35-Year-Old Trump Aide

3 articles · Updated · Fox News · Aug 20

Summary

  • Mike Collins said Jon Ossoff owes Natalie Harp and the public an apology after the Georgia senator’s rally remark about Trump wanting to “travel with Natalie” went viral.
  • Ossoff made the comment Sunday in Atlanta while arguing Trump was neglecting presidential duties; conservatives cast it as a sexist insinuation about Harp, a White House aide and cancer survivor.
  • Ossoff tried to clarify Monday, saying Harp had been described as Trump’s “security blanket” and that senior aides were telling the president what he wants to hear.
  • The clash lands in a competitive 2026 Georgia Senate race, where Ossoff—39 and seeking re-election—held a 9-point lead in a July AARP poll, though Collins said the contest is tightening.

Insights

How did a former cancer survivor become one of the most heavily scrutinized gatekeepers in the current administration?