Judge Dismisses Trump's $2 Billion Harvard Antisemitism Case, Citing No Ongoing Civil Rights Pattern
Updated
Updated · Fox News · Aug 20
Judge Dismisses Trump's $2 Billion Harvard Antisemitism Case, Citing No Ongoing Civil Rights Pattern
3 articles · Updated · Fox News · Aug 20
Summary
A federal judge threw out the Trump administration’s antisemitism lawsuit against Harvard, finding the cited campus incidents did not establish an ongoing civil-rights violation.
The ruling said alleged misconduct after official warnings failed to show a continuing pattern severe enough to sustain the government’s case.
Justice Department officials said they strongly disagree with the decision and are reviewing whether to appeal.
The dismissal lands after the administration had already frozen more than $2 billion in Harvard grants and contracts when the university refused federal demands tied to antisemitism.